John S. Mahoney, M.D.
Dr. Mahoney attended medical school at the University of Texas in Houston, Texas. He completed his residency at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in New York, New York. He is a third generation orthopedic Surgeon with more that 20 years of experience. He is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Patrick Henry Medical Society and the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Mahoney volunteers at the local community theater and enjoys golf, fishing and gardening.
- B.A.(Biology) – University of Colorado, CO
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Texas, Houston, TX
- General Surgery – Baylor University Medical College, Dallas, TX
- Orthopedic surgery – Columbia Presbyterian Medical College, New York, NY
Position and Employment
- 2011-present: Orthopedic Surgeon, Spectrum Medical, Inc, Danville, VA
- 2008-2011: Orthopedic Surgeon, LifePoint, Inc, Martinsville, VA
- 1988-2008: Orthopedic Surgeon/Private Practice, Bone and Joint Center, Martinsville, VA